Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Government Encryption Registration and SNAP-R

Carousel Apps (via Hacker News):

Last week we published a blog post describing how if your app does anything with encryption, even a single https request, then you need an Encryption Registration (ERN) from the US Bureau of Industry (BIS).

You need to submit an updated encryption export compliance report each year.

Update (2017-08-03): See also: Pádraig Kennedy (tweet).

Comments RSS · Twitter

Leave a Comment