Here’s what you need to do to use your VMware Fusion OS X/macOS virtual machines in retina mode:
- Enable full resolution mode, as shown in the image above.
- Open Terminal (in the macOS virtual machine), paste this command, then press Return:sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist DisplayResolutionEnabled -bool true
- Logout and login from the virtual machine.
- Resize the macOS virtual machine (by resizing the window) to your desired dimensions.
- Open System Preferences > Displays, click on Scaled, then click on the one shown HiDPI mode.
Stay up-to-date by subscribing to the Comments RSS Feed for this post.