- Pretending that previous iPhones were also subject to this problem, which as far as I know is not true—certainly not to the same extent.
- Acknowledging that iPhone has always inflated the signal strength. This explains why I usually have more bars than other AT&T phones and why calling is unreliable even with 4–5 bars.
- Announcing a free update that will reduce the number of displayed bars, thus hiding the drop.
- Not announcing anything that will improve the actual reception for people affected by this issue.
- Deflecting the blame to AT&T.
John Gruber brings his usual translation.