Nicholas Riley documents some problems with the OS X Finder. That’s like shooting fish in a barrel, of course, but I’m increasingly of the opinion that we’ve got to document this stuff (and report it via Radar) if it’s ever going to get fixed. I don’t know which problems Nicholas identified, but here are my 7:
- The title of the window is “Copy” even though we’re moving.
- It asks a question but only shows an “OK” button.
- There shouldn’t be a zoom box.
- It doesn’t say what permissions have to do with not being able to move.
- It doesn’t say how I could fix the permissions if I didn’t want to skip the files.
- It doesn’t say which items have the problematic permissions.
- The right side of the window looks funky with that disabled scroll bar.